The Library, which is also referred to as the Asset Library, is the section in the JuniperWeb Admin Portal where your company assets, such as images, etc. may be uploaded and managed. These are any files to be used on your website except for product images which are always loaded and managed via WebManager or Juniper Data Admin portals.
|Files uploaded into the Asset Library are customer-facing and may be viewable by members of the public—even if the files are not shown on your website. For security reasons, DO NOT upload confidential documents such as password files, private financial records, etc.|
Now that we have that covered, let's talk more specifically about the library. There are 10 areas of the library to discuss. Ready to get started?
You can create a new folder or select an existing folder to upload your image(s) to. Alternately, you can also delete an entire folder(directory) or individual images from a folder. Once a folder is created or selected, you can browse to and choose the image you wish to upload. The final step is to click the upload link at the bottom of the Library popup modal, adding the image to the desired folder.
To access the Asset Library, once logged into JuniperWeb admin, on the left side notice and click "Library".
10 Areas of the Asset Library
- Folder - A folder is where your images / files will live in the Asset Library. Think of this similarly to how you might create folders on your computer to store important documents/images or the categories on your web page. It helps keeps your images and/or files organized in an easy to find way. To create a new folder, simply type into the "Folder Name" field (4). Don't be fooled by the greyed out box - you can type into it! Important Note: file and image names should not have any spaces or special characters (e.g. &, @, !, etc.) within the file name.
- File - The file column will fill up as you add more files within your folders. To see your "files", first click on a Folder. If you are uploading new images/files, first select the folder name—or create one, and then select "Choose Files" (7), and lastly make sure to "Upload" (8).
- Preview - the preview column is where you will see a preview of the image/file you uploaded.
- Folder Name - Again, a folder is where your files will live in the Asset Library. To create a new folder, simply type into the "Folder Name" field. Don't be fooled by the greyed out box - you can type into it! Check your spelling! Once you create a folder, you are unable to edit the name. You can delete it (6), but not edit. Important Note: file and image names should not have any spaces or special characters (e.g. &, @, !, etc.) within the file name.
- Create - After you enter a Folder Name (4), click "Create" (5) to actually create the folder
- Delete Folder - Not feeling the folder name? You can delete it! Important Note: If you delete a folder, you will delete all files within that folder.
- Choose Files - When you've created your folder and ready to upload files/images, select "Choose Files" (7) and then click "Upload" (8). You can upload multiple files/images at one time as well.
- Upload - Make sure to click "Upload" (8) after selecting your files/images so they will be uploaded into the Asset Library.
- Copy File Location - Want to take a look at your file, clicking file location allows you to see your file and the path it took to get there!
- Delete File - No longer in love with your image or file? You can delete it! Simply start by locating the folder the image is within, then click the file, and then click Delete file.
- Checkout our How To section to learn more about customizing your JuniperWeb site.
- Product images must be uploaded in Webmanager or JuniperData.
- JuniperWeb lifestyle shots and Banner Images must be uploaded in the JuniperWeb admin portal via the Library section.